Be A Pro: How To Own It
Need to look like a pro but don’t know how? Whether it’s for a job interview, a business meeting, or a social outing there is always a time and place where everyone wants or needs to get noticed. These are important tools to have not only for business and networking but also in everyday life. It’s not hard at all! No matter what you do or who you are here are 5 tips to looking like a pro even though you might have no clue what you are doing.
1. Have confidence in yourself. No one else will believe you can do it if you don’t believe you can do it. Give yourself a pep talk. Before walking into any situation where you need to look like a boss take a deep and tell yourself “you can do this!” and make it convincing! Entrepreneur Magazine online agrees “our inner thoughts can shape confidence.”
2. Dress the part. Dress for the job you want not the job have is a saying for a reason. Forbes Magazine recently shared; 75% of employers say the most common mistakes they see in an interview is an inappropriate outfit.
3. Make your voice heard. In a room with a ton of other voices and opinions, speak up! What you have to say matters, let everyone know that. Try it the next time you are in a meeting with multiple people and you have a good idea, let it be known, you are more likely to get noticed.
4. Keep good posture. This is going back to the basics. Don’t slouch, always have a firm handshake, and smile. According to linkedIn influencer, Katya Anderson “body language can affect who we hire, how we judge people, how we decide how to interact with someone, and how we perceive ourselves.".
5. Fake it till you make it. This is a real thing! Psychologists confirm that there is a correlation between acting and feeling. If you act like you know what you are doing then you will feel like you know what you are doing. For example, the act of smiling will actually make you happy. Try it!